Monday, November 05, 2007

An Elephant Pregnancy

I don't know the exact length of an elephant's pregnancy, but our waiting for our baby girl is - believe it or not, 28 months from the time we turned in our first signed contract to Children's Hope International. We're on China's files as of 12/5/5 and as of today we are in the final stretch of the waiting game! We are eight weeks away from meeting our dear, cute, chubby cheeked, amazingly gorgeous daughter. We've only seen something similar to a mug shot, all b&w and fuzzy, but that was enough. We fell in love. The dark night of waiting this year has turned into hopeful waiting, due to God showing us His hand in the timing. It's so great when He gives us road signs along the way. One of those was the treatment I found for my tumor-like blood vessels in my head. Two surgeries down, and I'm a thankful, happy camper. The October surgery went amazingly well and I knew once that hurdle was crossed we'd be closer to our girl. If you ever want to read about a miracle worker, just google Dr. Milton Waner. This man was able to do what doctors in Nashville haven't had much of a clue about, and has greatly improved my life. I am so blessed to have found him and been able to be treated by him. There is story after story about God's faithfulness in my health issues but I'm not quite ready to type about it. I'm so ready to meet Lu Zi who was born March 14, 2007 and is waiting for us in the Jiangxi Province (southern China, east of Hunan). We are so full of joy that we are exhausted. So... I'm going to close this post and stalk the UPS man at 7:00 in the morning. At that time, our package will contain more pictures and history and stuff. Friends and family are so welcome to share this with us, celebrate and pray with us that she is well covered while we are apart. This just might be a long 8 weeks. Home stretch is feelin' good.

No comments: