Monday, November 19, 2007

What's in a name?

I have one child that celebrates life by nature. My other one, I haven't met yet but we celebrate every time we think of her - and we're naming her JUBILEE! So...I was jazzed when tonight, waiting on my prescription for my infected scab/scar...yes, infection....I found nanny gifts for China - these are gifts of 8-10 small items that you bring when you meet your contacts and those who kept your baby, OUR baby! What am I saying?!?!? WHO KEPT OUR CHILD for so long!!! So, I'm at Target, accosting (is that spelled or used right?) a lady with a 3 year old Chinese daughter that is obviously adopted, and searched the $1.00 section for gifts. At first, I was thrilled with the boxed chocolates I found. Then I remembered they like chapstick and got Dodger some candy flavored to bribe him to keep his lips functional. I turned the corner and found a whole slew of JUBILEE POMAGRANITE (now I can't spell that either, and don't even care) lip gloss, etc. That's what the nannies are getting - plus some gloves because everyone needs gloves! And a fold-out JUBILEE brush and mirror. Woo Hoo!!!! I don't believe in coincidence right now... I had to share that with the pharmacist and the checker....Once you tell people what you're up to, they say "oh my brother did that" or "my neighbor's sister's nephew's mother just got back with a baby from China". It's cool.

No comments: