Thursday, November 08, 2007

Jesus and Dodger

How could this week get any better? Maybe just a tad more on the health meter, but as far as our family and our relationships - we are more than blessed. Dodger was in the bath last night - he's getting too old for a picture of that, but he called me in and said "Mom, I want to sing you a song I made up."..he continued... "If you make bad choices you will go to hell, but if you make good choices you will be good and go to heaven". I wanted to interject the part about us most of the time not making the right choice even when we try. Then the subject was changed to "Mom, I decided want to help people when I grow up." We talked about that awhile but I had to get us back to the topic at hand...salvation. He's prayed to God/Jesus and said a "sinner's prayer" but he's at an age where I think something clicked. When I explained about Jesus being in our lives "in our heart" and our Lord, that it means getting to know him, reading his word, obeying and talking to him, he was on board. He said, "What do I do?" and I said "You pray this prayer after me." I wish I could remember all that was said. But I know God recorded it in His book. He repeated me and we were thrilled. He finished the tender moment by saying "Let's start reading the Bible every night...after we finish the Magic Tree House series". There's like 34 and we're on #17.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Our Madison is going to be 2 next week. We ask her who lives in her heart and she says "Jesus". She sings a song that has sign language to it called Jesus, we crown you with praise. And her sweet little voice makes me cry when she sings it. I pray for the day she can be like Dodger and understand. I know God put her in our life and He will carry her through and make her something special. Thanks so much for sharing.